Do you want to work for a world-leading company with operations in 50 countries?We are the European Shared Services Center, a world-leading Industrial Gases company with operations in 50 countries. With more than 300 employees based in Cornellà de Llobregat, we support the group's various subsidiaries of all Europe and other regions. We have built an outstanding multicultural environment composed by employees of around 30 different nationalities. Do you want to join our team? So not only will you be able to work within a great company and team you will also be getting the abroad experience. You are able to learn more about the culture of Spain, its beautiful landscapes, and delicious cuisine.
We are looking for an Accountant for Netherlands based in Barcelona. The job holder is a member of the Northern Continent Financial Accounting department, responsible for all key compliance deadlines of the companie subsidiaries in the Netherlands.
- Be responsible for timely and accurate preparation and filing of Annual Financial Statements in accordance with Dutch Accounting Standards and Dutch Civil Code for several Dutch legal entities.
- Close monthly, quarterly, and annual activities for US GAAP and NL GAAP.
- Constant contact with colleagues from other locations.
- Financial advice in other areas.
- Audits in the financial department.
- Be responsible for the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis in line with company policy.
- Be responsible for annual statutory audit of the Dutch entities and obtaining a clean sign-off for the annual accounts by our auditor Deloitte.
- Have continuous close cooperation internally with other finance, payroll, Tax, Legal, Business departments in the Netherlands, consolidation department at the head office in the US or other locations as needed.
- Review and advise on all major transactions recorded correctly under the DAS requirements, preparing, and executing all necessary legal adjustments.
- Be assigned and/or support others legal entities managed by the North continent technical accounting team.
- Support the preparation of the local GAAP Statutory Accounts for the legal entities in the aforementioned countries in a timely manner which includes the preparation of working papers and related schedules for the audit of the accounts in order to obtain a clean sign-off for the annual accounts by our auditor Deloitte.
- Under supervision of the Accounting Manager for Northern and Southern Europe, need to set own priorities and work plan within the overall framework of the Financial accounting group and corporate deadlines.
- Working Experience in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a large multi-disciplined environment.
- Working with SAP is considered as an advantage.
- Fluent with verbal and written skills in English and Dutch are essential.
- Degree in accounting or finance administration.
- Working knowledge of Dutch accounting standards and Dutch Civil Code.
- Basic knowledge of Dutch reporting and Tax structure.
- Experience in another GAAP would also be a plus (US GAAP, IFRS, Others..) 2-3 years at least.
- Experience in the preparation of annual financial statements under DAS is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a large multi-disciplined and multi-cultural environment.
- Office applications – Microsoft office package.
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Pension plan after 2 years.
- Health insurence and life insurance .
- Flexible compensation
- Bonus for work from home (hybrid model)
- Spanish lessons
- We work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation.
- We care about work-life balance, so you will have the possibility to work from home 3 days a week.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now!
Hybrid, Cornellà del Llobregat, Barcelona. Spain