Our client, a leader in digital advertising, is looking for an Account Strategist. You can expect a company culture that is as unique as it is diverse and work together to achieve goals, push boundaries, and be impactful. All of this supports them in their mission to power the world’s marketers with trusted & impactful advertising.
As a Senior Account Strategist Mid-Market DACH, you will be managing a portfolio of top Mid-Market accounts among DACH clients. Client retention together with account growth will be your main objectives to continue supporting their strategic plan.
This position will be responsible for analyzing an assortment of metrics for all ads served, while communicating issues/concerns internally to all parties involved. In short, you will be the client’s “Go-To” person for any questions. You will monitor and optimize existing campaigns to help with increasing revenue and margins, along with cultivating a strong and productive relationship with clients. You will work closely with internal support teams to provide detailed and insightful reports and optimize campaigns to enhance client’s performances. You will also plan, forecast and negotiate yearly budgets along with upselling top new products.
What will you be doing?
- You work hand in hand with your clients to lead them through building their goals and achieving their strategy, in addition to providing an excellent operational service.
- Proactively coach and mentor peers based on your strengths to drive skill development in the AS team, that drives customer growth and contributes to overall team success. You are open to coaching and mentoring from peers, and are invested in your own personal development. Proactively work on developing your strengths.
- You manage side projects that have functional or department impact. You suggest proactively ideas for projects that would have impact on our business, and/or you volunteer when project opportunities come up. Drive, manage and lead those with autonomy. These may be high in complexity and involve stakeholders across departments.
- Provide strategic account management to large-sized advertisers in line with our service level agreements. You grow revenue and optimize accounts to improve performance for the client.
- You have long-term goals you are working to achieve with the client.
- Develop and maintain strong and lasting partnerships with large-sized clients at all levels from Traffic Manager to CMO. You are able to do this with ease to manage clients who are spending significantly and across diverse industry. You have active, broad and deep connections across your client organizations.
- Lead and influence on client’s digital strategy and educate advertisers on the company’s technology across channels and devices, and being able to articulate that to different stakeholders within the client company. You are credible and seen as a trusted consultant. You regularly are present at client meetings at different levels in your client organizations – with all relevant stakeholders. You gather feedback from clients to feed this back internally to enhance the products and services.
- You are proactive in building a network and sharing key insights around the Ad Tech Industry, or your market within this. You are a point of reference in terms of networking activities, and lead by example in your use of Linkedin Sales Navigator.
- Pursue individual, team, departmental and company goals.
- Optimize accounts to improve performance for the medium to large-sized clients and identify growth opportunities. Provide consultative guidance leveraging a strategic business plan, to contextual market challenges and recommended solutions to overcome those collaborating with operations teams and Product teams to provide a holistic approach.
- Work to proactively anticipate, and reduce the likelihood of possible client churn. You share your practices with peers working on smaller accounts than you. You identify and suggest new processes that can be implemented to improve service to clients and may work with Operations teams and Product teams to implement these changes.
- Analyze a wide range of performance metrics and KPI’s. Provide dedicated reporting and insights to your clients in line with our service level agreements. You are comfortable with creation and articulation of custom built reports, and are able to tell the story behind them to your clients.
- Open discussions and converse openly with your client around market knowledge in order to support the client’s development on a long term basis. Leverage internal experts presence and knowledge to build a clear picture for the client and develop a strategy to support the client’s development.
- Have in depth knowledge, and be able to have a confident conversation with your clients around measurement, and more specifically incrementality and attribution. Be able to guide them accordingly based on their marketing goals. Be a point of reference and contact for peers working on smaller accounts than you.
Demonstrate upselling capacity
- Show effective & impactful negotiation skills where you have a consultative approach with your clients, that have a positive impact on your book of business.
- Use a consultative approach to upsell new solutions, specifically you understand your clients objectives and strategy and influence these in a consultative way that connect to their short, medium and long term business plans.
Strategic Portfolio Growth
- Inspire the growth of your clients by promoting innovative cross channels perspectives
- You act as a consultant to create successful campaigns in line with clients long term marketing goals, and strategic objectives
- You successfully keep all of the relevant information from interactions with your clients in our CRM.
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years experience in a retention role, managing the upper sales funnel
- 3+ years experience with digital marketing
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with persuasive verbal and written communication expertise
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and contributing to team success
- Great understanding of the digital advertising industry and competitive landscape
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand a complex technological environment
- Strong organization, time management, project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Able to work effectively across functions/teams
- Good team player
- Business proficient in German/ English spoken and written
What do we offer?
- Full-time contract (39 hours/week)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
- Being part of a constantly growing company & team, with endless opportunities for career development
- A modern, international & friendly working environment – one of the best in the city!